Our aim is to promote volunteering and encourage people to get involved with their community, reducing social isolation, addressing disadvantage, improving community cohesion and connecting people throughout Eastbourne.
• To collate information about community organisations in Eastbourne, what services they offer, what resources they have and what resources they need.
• To collate information about free and low-cost activities, events and training opportunities that are available to all residents of Eastbourne.
• To provide one central point of reference to help residents of Eastbourne get involved in their community.
• To recruit more volunteers in Eastbourne for all of the organisations that engage with volunteers.
• To give smaller community groups an online presence and promotional support which they may not otherwise have.
• To form a network of community organisations in Eastbourne and help organisations to work together.
• To identify gaps in provision and collaborate with other organisations to fill those gaps.
• To address disadvantage and deprivation in Eastbourne and reduce inequalities.
• To help to build a stronger, more resilient community in Eastbourne.
• A community hub in the heart of the town centre town centre open 7 days a week.
• A free monthly newspaper full of community information.
• A website and social media accounts promoting community information.
• Support for social enterprises through our Social Enterprise Growth hub.
• An arts, crafts & wellbeing drop-in every 10-3 Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
• Office space and room rental for other community organisations.